I am a fully qualified Psychotherapeutic Counsellor, listed as a Member of the BACP on the UK National Register. I am also qualified as a Clinical Supervisor.
My approach to therapy is based in Person-Centred, non-directive work integrated with a range of techniques applied appropriately for each client’s needs.
The full list of my qualifications and professional training follows:
- Member, British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Chartered Member, Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development
- MSc Organisation Development (Sheffield Business School)
- Foundation Degree in Counselling (Open)
- Advanced Specialist Diploma in Clinical Supervision
- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Integrative)
- Gestalt Therapy (the main element of my basic Counsellor’s training)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Transactional Analysis
- Relationship Therapy
- Counselling Young People
- Bereavement Care
- On-line Therapy Techniques
I carry full professional indemnity insurance (the certificate is here) and I am registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as a Data Controller. I take the ethical requirements of my profession very seriously, maintaining strict confidentiality protection. I attend clinical supervision regularly as required by the BACP, to maintain and improve my practice.